You probably do not think too much about the components of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or it is time to buy a new one. In order to get the most use possible out of this invaluable appliance it can be very good to know how it keeps your food and drinks cool—and Powell Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to learn all you might need to understand about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the right time to reach out to refrigerator repair CITY.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find too many houses that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard appliance for several years. A household refrigerator will store your food at the right temperature, to reduce spoilage and stop harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by distributing the heat from the interior of the refrigerator to the outside, by relying on principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Powell Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is a combination of a motor and pump, and it is responsible for circulation of refrigerant in the system.
The compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. You should call on a professional service if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is located on the back outside wall of the refrigerator and helps to emit the heat built-up inside the refrigerator then out to the surrounding air.
A refrigerator evaporator is housed in the interior of the refrigerator where absorbs the warmth held within it, effectively reducing the interior temperature.
Right when the evaporator stops working, it’s time to call a professional. You should not wait until it’s too late.
Liquid coolant is transported within a capillary tube which serves as an expansion tool to cool the gas inside, turning it back into a liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat regulates the temperature within a refrigerator, beginning a new cooling cycle when needed.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in CITY for service right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature inside a refrigerator rises above the set point sensors alert the compressor to start, and then the next cool down begins. The refrigerator attracts the cool liquid refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes it, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The compressor directs the heated gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the exterior of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with the lower temperature in the room and reverts back to a liquid form.
3. The cool liquid then continues its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator component, pushing through the coils within the refrigerator and top freezer.
4. The coolant then absorbs the warm air from the interior of the refrigerator, returning the temperature until it has reached the optimal set point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and will return back into a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in a lot of applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting heat from a single area and then transferring it to another the cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a house, creates a safe environment for food that is perishable, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require professional attention? You can schedule service with Powell Appliance Repair.
Powell Appliance Repair will service nearly all major brands and models of refrigerators – includes commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed service technicians in CITY undergo training to repair and troubleshoot issues with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, digital panels, smart controls and various problems. We know all about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2023  Powell Appliance Repair